Yes, Rio 2016 is finally here and the Olympics are underway. Not sure how many of you stayed up to watch the Opening Ceremony, but I thought I'd share a few thoughts I had whilst watching!
- OK, am I going to stay up and watch it all??? I am recording it....OK, seems like I am....
- Right then, let's get this started, great commentary so far......
- These graphics are cool aren't they?! Looks like they're telling the story of creation.......
- Ok, let's see who else is up watching it.........right seems a few of my twitter friends are still awake........
- The audio visuals on this are stunning....have I already said that???? Well, they are!
- I love how they've included the animals......
- WOW, that reference to slavery.......they've come a long way since then...but it's good they included it....
- The way they've made it seem as those these free runners are running across actual buildings is so clever!!
- What?! Free running will be included as an Olympic sport in 2020.....awesome!!
- Loving their national dance and song.....seems they're bringing carnival to the Olympics!
- Ok Gisele's here......don't really know why but here she is....and she's walking........walking.....still walking.......is this all she knows???
- She best be careful in that dress otherwise it'll be arse over tit and a whole loada labia on show......and nobody wants that!!
- It's great that Rio are concentrating on how they can make this games greener.......every competitor has been given a seed to plant.....that's 11,000 trees people!
- Woah, that climate change/global warming part was amazing....so touching and so relevant......
- Right ok, the athlete's are coming in......great, they're using an old alphabet and no-one knows if we're G or U.......
- ......this could be a very long night indeed........aw they're coming in with a kid holding a seedling.....cute!!
- Love those bikes.....where can I get me one of them??
- Let's hope Andy puts on a smile on his face tonight.......!!
- YAY!!!! We're out.......just as I was about to go to bed!!! Go #TeamGB!!!
- SSOO pleased they've got a refugee team at this Olympics....!! They've been through so much just to get to a new country...good for them for getting here!!!! I really hope they do well.
- So pleased I'm recording this......no way I can stay up till 4AM!! :O
What did you think of the Opening Ceremony of the Rio Olympics 2016??
My friend Hailey Jade Ryan from Undateable Girl had a few thoughts:
@sunshinesarahxo It's great to see more women compete but also sad how hard they have to fight for it in some countries.— Undateable Girl (@HaileyJadeRyan) August 6, 2016
@sunshinesarahxo Think it's fab when countries present their traditional clothing & I've learned lots more about geography. I mean, Comoros?— Undateable Girl (@HaileyJadeRyan) August 6, 2016
@sunshinesarahxo And of course having a refugee team compete is truly great. I guess there is still some humanity left.— Undateable Girl (@HaileyJadeRyan) August 6, 2016
My friend Bronagh was live tweeting the Opening Ceremony:
@sunshinesarahxo that's literally my favourite thing about this! 11,000 trees will be planted :)— Bronagh (@BronaghGoesRawr) August 6, 2016
I love how they're showing how others came to be within their country too. This is magical to me #OpeningCeremony #Rio2016— Bronagh (@BronaghGoesRawr) August 5, 2016
Imagine the atmosphere right now in that stadium! It'd be amazing #OpeningCeremony #Rio2016 #DoItForUs— Bronagh (@BronaghGoesRawr) August 6, 2016
Emmie from @carpediememmie said:
My friend Tori @pinaforesposies said:I actually appreciate the fact the #OpeningCeremony is mentioning Global Warming. SO IMPORTANT! 🙌🏼— Emmie (@carpediememmie) August 5, 2016
The cinema-photography in the opening ceremony is absolutely incredible. #OpeningCeremony #DoItForUs #Rio2016— Tori✴ (@pinaforesposies) August 5, 2016
And I think we can all agree that Tonga had the best flag bearer of the night!!! Thanks to @TODAYshow Australia for this!
The hero from the #OpeningCeremony you never knew you needed... until now. #Tonga #Rio2016 pic.twitter.com/xw8sS2uyT7— TODAY (@TODAYshow) August 6, 2016
The main message from Rio's Opening Ceremony is one of Brazil's heritage, diversity, inclusion and sustainability. Anthony Howe's vision for the famous flame was one where the sun and wind should be more widely exploited as energy sources. "...our cauldron is a hybrid which moves itself through wind and reflects fire"
This looks to be one of the best Olympics yet, I for one will be cheering on #TeamGB AND #TeamAustralia as I have an unhealthy love for that country and really want to see them do well! Are you excited about it?! What thoughts did you have about the Opening Ceremony?!? Please share them below!!!! #Rio2016