So, January's been and gone but I reckon just because it's February it doesn't mean that those blues simply vanish with the turning over of the calendar! The first few months of any new year are always the hardest i find, especially with the way the weather's been recently! All i really want to do is snuggle down under a blanket or 2 and get stuck into an exciting new series or get stuck into that pile of dvds i've had since December! haha! Please say I'm not alone in feeling this way?!!?
I thought I would compile a little list of all the things you can do to try and banish those 'January blues' at any time of year!
- Make a blanket fort and hide inside with your favourite book/s and snacks! If you're anything like me, you'll love finding new books to read and will devour them at any given opportunity! Maybe you have one on your shelf you've been meaning to read for a while but never quite got around to it? Make time for you and get stuck in! No better excuse than it being January/February and the weather being completely miserable! aha!
- Make an effort to watch those films you've had lying around....the above films are a surefire way to escape for a few hours! Especially 'Inception', my god that's a mind flip of a film! A dream within a dream within a dream....yes, you may just have to watch this a few times to understand it, but with Leo as the lead that's not difficult...! (Buy these films and others like them by hitting this link!) The Hobbit, Gravity, Pacific Rim, Jupiter Ascending and 300 Rise of The Titans are a surefire way to rid yourself of those January Blues no matter the time of year! xo
- Make a playlist of all your favourite songs and tune out for a while. You could choose an uplifting song to get you motivated to sort out your room or some mellow tunes to listen to whilst you're in the bath. Either way, music, like film, is great escapism and can take you into a completely different place. Personally I love Spotify for their playlists, I just choose one to suit my mood, hit shuffle and away i go, all ready to get on with whatever task i'm doing with some motivating/relaxing music behind me. #Perfection
- Run yourself a bath with lots of bubbles, your favourite oils, a new bath bomb, anything to make yourself more relaxed and help you unwind for an hour or so. Winter is bath season for me and I always take the chance to have one when I can! I love nothing better than disappearing under the bubbles with a glass of wine and perhaps a book or a soothing playlist (see what I did there?!). (why not have a read of Jennifer Landis's Guest Post, 5 Fun & Affordable Ways to Relax for even more ideas?!)
- Finally, if all else fails I find there is always cake! This could be one bought from the local supermarket, one you whipped up yourself or made by someone else for you. Love is cake, cake equals love and most importantly, happiness is a piece of cake!
So that's it from me for now I hope you enjoyed reading and perhaps take away a few ideas on how to escape those January Blues! Please let me know if you've seen any of the Warner Brothers films, which one if your favourite?! Personally I'm looking forward to watching 'Gravity' because hello, George Clooney...! How do you relax and unwind during these dark months of the year?! Leave me a comment and let's find new ways together! Do you have any songs I should listen to on Spotify?!?!